Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Running

It was the summer of 2008 when for the first time I approached running as a sport, and not just as something to do when one is late for a plane. Six years later running is part of what defines me. My first road race was the 2009 NYRR's Brooklyn Half-Marathon. Most memories from that race are blurry except for the clear thoughts, from about mile 9 or so, that I would never ever engage in such a crazy activity again.

I'm not sure of when I changed my mind, it could have been 3 hours after the race or perhaps the week after when my legs were not sore anymore. The fact is that 4 months later I was running my second half-marathon. This time in Queens. Later that year, in October, Staten Island got me visiting for my third half. The rest is the story I'll blog about.

Here I will be posting about my running experiences and to spice up things I will be salting my words with some healthy dose of stats and number crunching. Stay tuned!

No comments: